Dermaplaning is a highly effective form of exfoliation that has been used in the modeling industry for years. At Downtown Beauty Bar, your medical aesthetician or RN will use a 10 gauge scalpel to exfoliate layers of dead skin cells and vellus hair, bringing the healthy cells to the surface. This will allow deeper penetration of nourishments such as, corrective and vitamin-rich serums, and will leave your skin looking healthy and radiant.
Dermaplaning is excellent on its own, or to prepare the skin for chemical peels, red light therapy and delivering quality skin care products into the skin. The results are immediate and extremely effective in eliminating the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and to combat premature aging.
● Exfoliate layers of dead skin cells
● Create cell turn-over
● Immediately diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
● Refines pores
● Help eliminate acne scarring
● Allow deeper penetration of nourishing serums
● Creates a radiant and healthy appearance
● Rid of vellus hair (peach-fuzz) – no it doesn’t grow in thicker or coarser
Dermaplaning is recommended for all skin types with the exception of those who suffer from acne.
Consistency is vital for effective skin care, we recommend receiving a dermaplaning treatment once a month.
Yes! It is the go-to treatment for expecting hot mamas.
Dermaplaning is the ideal way to prep the skin for a chemical peel, red light therapy treatment and to diminish fine lines and wrinkles.